Research shows that new members who make at least six friendships are those who are still attending church at the end of the first year. Choosing to follow Christ as an Adventist Christian is a big change. The Sabbath impacts how the weekend is structured, leisure time activities and lifestyles change. Old friends may be unsupportive or even ridicule the choice of this “new church” so new friendships are vital. The hospitality team at Pinehouse Drive strives to provide a warm supportive environment in which new friendships and relationships can flourish. God asks us to love and care for one another and it is our mission to nurture healthy relationship though Christian hospitality by:
- Helping church members find creative ways to express hospitality to visitors (new members and those who are in need)
- Demonstrating love and acceptance in church life so others are comfortable and included
If God has blessed you in the following areas:
- Hospitality: the ability to provide an open door, a genuine and warm welcome to others. It is accepting of others regardless of race or belief and shows no bias.
- Helping skills: the ability to make an impact on those who may have questions or need directions.
- Willingness to share: (whatever one has, even if it is meager.
- A focus on the needs of others: the ability to recognise those who might be in need
- A loving heart: towards those seeking relationship or
- Courage: to risk developing relationships with others and you are looking to get involved in a ministry consider joining the team as appoint person for Hospitality and we would be glad to have you on board.
Jesus said it best when He said, “Do to others what you would have them do to you” (Matt. 7:12).
March 11, 2023
April 8, 2023
May 13, 2023
June 10, 2023
September 9, 2023
The Hospitality Ministries would love to hear from you, please send us your feedback and your suggestions.